Press release from November 18, 2020
Personnel Change in Swiss Management
This Is What SEV-GATA Expects From the New CEO
Philipp Hadorn, President of SEV-GATA, the aviation section of the Swiss Transport Workers' Union (SEV), expects the following from the new Swiss CEO Dieter Vranckx:
- That he do everything in his power to get through the Covid-19 crisis with all employees;
- that he believe in the recovery of the market, embody this perspective of hope and help aviation use technological advances to become more environmentally friendly;
- that after the crisis, he and the social partners develop the working conditions for ground staff, because they are currently insufficient;
- a clear commitment to social partnership on an equal footing and to Switzerland as a location and place of work;
- social skills and knowledge of the Swiss mentality, including appropriate interaction with employees, customers, the public and politics.
Who are we?
SEV-GATA (Groundstaff Aviation Technics and Administration), the trade union for ground staff in aviation, advocates members from a wide variety of companies such as Swiss Int. Air Lines Ltd., Swissport, SBS, Engie, ISS, etc. SEV-GATA is part of the transport workers' union SEV, the largest Swiss union for employees in the transport industry.
Philipp Hadorn, union secretary SEV and president SEV-GATA, 079 600 96 70